• Our ground is three minutes walk from the centre of Clitheroe. Clitheroe’s population is now around 16,000 and we think it’s the best town in Lancashire.
• There are three main arteries off the A59 leading into Clitheroe. Pendle Road is the second one. The only problem if you are coming from the east is that there is no right turn. For ease you could go on 1.4 miles to the roundabout by the third exit and spin round, or simply follow your sat nav.
• Given our central position, there is no parking on the ground, which is opposite the Lidl supermarket on Pendle Road, up a small, cobbled street. Most people park on Pendle Road. This can stretch quite a way up Pendle Road if the crowd is bigger than usual.
• There are no designated coach parking spaces outside the ground, although we try and leave cones out for the team coach. I hope to meet all the coaches as they decant fans and suggest where they can park up for the day. None of the options are terribly far away, including higher up Pendle Road.
• The ground has cover on all four sides if it rains, which it usually does in Lancashire, although the forecast looks promising.
• We have a 250 seat stand, but it’s first come first served.
• We have a modern bar, which can cater for @120 people, but we allow drink to be taken outside in plastic glasses. This will be open from 13.00. This can be accessed either from the door as you just come through the turnstiles or on pitch side up a ramp.
• Our canteen, the Grub Tub, serves the best pies in the league. If we run out, it’s not because we’ve underestimated the crowd, it’s simply that the pie warmers will be at full capacity and can’t warm through a second batch in time.
• Our club shop is in the clubhouse if you ask behind the bar they will be able to get you anything you require.
• We are expecting a crowd of about 500, so get there in plenty of time. We’ve popped a few more stewards and security staff on for the day to make sure that everything goes without a hitch and that everyone has a great time.
• If you see a bloke outside the ground in a steward’s jacket, come and say hello and I’ll try and direct you to a suitable eatery/pub. As there are 15 pubs within 5 minute’s walk, you won’t go far wrong.
Updated 09:06 - 19 Feb 2018 by Michael Barker
Secretary, Clitheroe FC